What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are stored on the electronic device through which you access our site, specifically through the browser used for this purpose, and which collect information about your habits of use of our site. Its main function is to facilitate and accommodate the use of the site, enhancing and optimizing its functionality, but not being the sole reason for its use, will also serve other purposes, namely statistical and commercial.
It is important to differentiate between temporary (session) duration cookies and long-term (persistent) cookies.
The first ones are used only for the duration of the visit to the site and they are deleted when the session ends, being intended to ensure that the user does not have to log in to the site when switching pages.
The second ones are stored on your device after you cease using our site and for the period indicated therein as ‘expiration date’, and are intended to enable resuming your browsing according to the settings initially set by yourself, for example by saving your language settings, when returning to our site.
What if I don't allow cookies?
The use of these technologies is not mandatory but deleting or blocking a cookie may mean that some features of our site become obsolete.
However, our privacy policies aim to collect data on these terms with your express prior consent.
Cookies and other third-party data collection technologies?
In addition, third-party cookies may use other services associated with our site that operate on similar technologies such as plug-ins.
There are several reasons why we may allow third-party technologies with these characteristics on our site:
- Because such entities are hired to provide certain services that justify it, such as GOOGLE ANALYTICS services targeted at statistical analysis, helping us to provide you with a more personalized service and better browsing experience!
- Because our site bridges with the servers of these entities for the purpose of reproducing content (for example, for playing videos from YOUTUBE).
- Because there is sharing of content on our site with these entities (for example, through comments or news sharing made on social networks, associating the respective accounts on these networks as is the case with FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST). These entities can now place or read their own cookies on your device and collect information about your use of our site.
Cross-border data transfer?
Because third-party cookies are used, there is a possibility that stored data may be transferred to countries where these entities are located and not necessarily within the European Union. We are unable to control this flow, so you should check the settings that allow you to stop using cookies if you check their respective cookie policies.
Types of Cookies Used:
Cookies may be differentiated and categorized according to their various purposes, regardless of whether they are third-party cookies or our own:
- Required: These are always active even if you do not accept this Policy as they are intended for system operability. That is, allow access to the basic navigation functions and secure zones of our site.
- Login, Authentication: When you log in to our site with your account, these cookies store the associated ID number and login time in encrypted form on your device, allowing you to browse the site or on other web pages opened in the browser without signing in again each time you return to the website. It is usually a temporary cookie.
- Preferences: These cookies store preference settings, such as language or privacy settings, so they do not have to be reset each time you return to our site. By their nature, they are long-lasting cookies.
- Information Provided: This is information that you want to provide while using our site, such as when you add products to a shopping cart. Cookies store these indications of desired products so that you can complete your purchase easily and fluidly. Since you will be able to log out of our site, so that you can resume these options when you log in again, information will tend to be stored through long-term cookies.
- Targeted Advertising: Collects information about the use made of the site (articles viewed, clicks made, ads viewed), allowing to identify the interests of the user so that the advertising directed to you is in your best interest. This type of cookie can be used to help our sellers display ads of interest to give you a personalized experience when you visit our site. These cookies tend to be long-lasting, as they are stored so that they can be read at a next view of our site.
- Statistics: Collect information capable of measuring the efficiency of the services provided and the commercial activity developed, for example by collecting the IP address of site visitors and monitoring their number of visits, all with a view to developing statistics on the operations available to the website user. They are therefore long-lasting cookies.
- Security: These tend to be long-term cookies as they are intended to avoid risks to the security of the site, namely acts of identity theft in general. They may even be used to help determine the need for further security measures.
- Performance, Analysis: They seek to understand if the resources necessary for the good use of our site are available to the user and, if the accessible tools, are the most appropriate for this purpose, for the sake of continuous performance improvement.
Who is the Data Protection Officer of ECOMLOVE-DMC, LDA.
At ECOMLOVE-DMC,LDA. we have appointed a Data Protection Officer to protect your privacy as well as to ensure that we comply with all national and european data protection legal requirements.
This Data Protection Officer will be responsible for providing you with all the information you need about your personal data. If you want to contact him, you can do so by the following means:
João Carlos Teodoro Tavares
Av. do Conde, 5823
4465-097 SÃO MAMEDE DE INFESTA